Felted Pocketbook

7:00 AM

Back in October I was looking for a felted purse pattern to make for a friend for Christmas (pictures when I finish...if ever).  I came across this cute little felted pocketbook pattern that I printed.  I made the first one exactly as the pattern stated.  I can't tell you how I came across the pattern.  I've tried to re-create my steps because I want to credit Claire Fairall whose pattern it was, but I simply don't know where I got the pattern.  This is the link to the addy on the bottom of my printed page http://www.clairefairall.co.uk/. Since then, I have changed the pattern a bit just to see what happens.

It knits pretty fast.
I think you can make it as big or as little as you want.  
Cast on 36 stitches on size 11 needles.  I used 4 double point because 36 was to few stitches on my circular needles.  
Knit in the round for at least 15 cm.  The picture above I made about 7 1/2 inches.  Measure from under the needles to the cast on edge.  Loosely cast off 16 stitches and knit the remaining 20 on to a single needle.  
Purl 1 row then knit 1 row for 7 rows. 
*Knit 1, k2tog, knit 14, k2tog, K1.  
Purl 1 row
repeat from * until desired flap length.  
Cast off loosley.  
I felted all 3 pocketbooks in the washing machine.  The directions said to felt them in a bowl of hot water, but I didn't have the time or the patience for that.  I put them in the wash machine on the low water setting and checked them every 5 minutes until I thought they were felted enough.  
The pocketbook on the bottom of the picture is one made from the original pattern.  The pocketbook on the far right is one I changed. 
This is the original pattern pocketbook after it was felted.  I was in such a hurry to get the other two in the mail that I forgot to take pictures of them!  All in all, it was a super easy project for a first time felter and I got three great Christmas presents out of it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...