Peanut Butter Bars

5:44 PM

Today I made my favorite peanut butter bars.  A couple of years ago I was craving a peanut butter cookie, but didn't have time to drop them by teaspoonful on the cookie sheet.  So I created this recipe by combining three different recipes.


1/2 C butter
1/2 C peanut butter (I use crunchy)
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 C quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 C mini peanut butter cups

In a large bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter for 30 seconds.  Add sugar and brown sugar- beat until fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Add in flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.  Stir in oatmeal.  Spread 1/2 to 3/4 of mixture into an 8x8 pan.  Sprinkle with the mini peanut butter cups and top with remaining cookie mixture.  It will not cover all of the chocolate, but will spread to cover most.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Cool before cutting into squares (if you can wait that long).

I use the mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's.  Whenever I'm in California (which isn't too often anymore) I stock up.  My good friend, Bob, flew out for Corrine's birthday and he was kind enough to bring me a couple of boxes.  I think Reese's make mini peanut butter cups too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...