Again with the wind...

6:56 AM

Our plan for Saturday was to head up to the mountains to attend Frozen Dead Guy Days (FDGD) and have chili dinner at a friends house.   FDGD's is a quirky little festival to celebrate Grandpa Bredo frozen in the Tuff Shed until he can be brought back to life.  Not kidding.  If you check out the above link there is an "About" page and it explains the whole kit and kaboddle.  They have a parade, coffin races, a polar plunge, music tents, and of course a tour of the Tuff Shed.

I happened to grow up in this quirky, offbeat, odd, beautiful, hippie community called Nederland.   I was living in Western Massachusetts 20 years ago when I read an article in The Boston Globe about Grandpa in the Tuff Shed.  I immediately called my mother to get an explanation about this embarrassing event in my home town.  News that had made it all the way to the East Coast.  I was mortified.  I was young.  Now I embrace this odd little community because growing up there formed me to who I am today.

Anyhoo, back to the plan for Saturday.  I was giving Corrine her morning bottle while watching the news.   Breaking news..."FDGD's outside events postponed until Sunday due to wind."  The wind was blowing (like it always does) with gusts over 45MPH and up to 60MPH.  The beer and music tents were destroyed.  The decision was made on the side of caution.  Disappointing.  But not the end of the world.

We still made the trek to our friends house for chili.  Dee-lish.  And perfect for a cold, windy afternoon.  It was good to see friends.  Some we see every week, others not as often as we would like.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...