Yarn Along

6:00 AM

Books and knitting.  Two of my favorite things.  So I'm joining the weekly Yarn Along.  I'm STILL working on the radiating star blanket.  But I am doing the extended version so it gets bigger every other row.  So each row takes me about 45 minutes to do.  OK.  Maybe not that long, but it sure seems like it.  I counted it last night and I have 20 pattern rows to do and 20 knit rows to do.  Doesn't sound like a lot, but right now I'm feeling like it will take the next forever to finish it.


Books.  I am reading the Lost Wife and The World at Night.  Both books take place during World War II.   It takes place in German occupied Paris in 1940. A film producer is offered the chance to take part in an operation of the British Secret Service.  I just started it so I've only just gotten to the part of the occupation.

The Lost Wife takes place in Prague and is written in two parts.  Josef and Lenka.  They are married on the eve of the German occupation of Czechoslovakia and he has a visa to the United States and she won't leave her family.  They each detail what happened to them in the years since they last saw one another.  A chance encounter in New York starts the story.  I'm only half way through and can't wait to find out what happens to Lenka and Josef.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. World war two is such a fascinating historical time. I love to read just about anything from that period. I look forward to seeing the finished blanket... even if I have to wait for forever!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes love big projects and then sometimes I don't. As each row gets longer I hope you love your project more and more :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...