The Weekend

4:40 PM

The end of the week took me to Fairbanks, Alaska.  We arrived Wednesday night about 10:30 and checked into our cabins.  
This is the view from my cabin at 11:30PM!  I went to bed at 1:30AM and it was still pretty much this light out.  Two of my co-workers and I went to Chena Hot Springs the next day.  We soaked for a couple of hours.
This is the outdoor hot springs.  It is a geo-thermal spring and they add cold water to it.  There was one corner that I thought it was impossible to be in because it was so hot.  I would have boiled like a lobster.  
After the hot springs we went on the ice tour.  They have ice sculptures, a wedding chapel, ice beds, and a bar! 
This is my appletini in my souvenir ice glass!  Ha! Ha!  I wouldn't have gotten far with my glass.  It was a fun way to spend an afternoon.  I wish Bryan and Corrine could have gone with me, but it just didn't work out.

I got home Saturday morning about 8:30 and took a quick nap.  Saturday night we went to an 80th birthday party for a lady who has been like Bryan's mom.  The Salazars are an extended family.  In fact Bryan and I had our first date at Mr. and Mrs. Salazars 50th wedding anniversary party.  We toasted them at our wedding, because without them we wouldn't have been married!  So there was no way to decline the invite.  But by 7PM I was asleep on my feet.  I'm too old to stay up for 36 hours straight!  

Have a great week.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That looks like such an amazing place to visit! Have plenty of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I can imagine the water would be hot even with the cold water. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...