It's Done!!!!

6:00 AM

I'm calling it finished!  I have been crocheting this baby blanket out of scrap yarn from years of baby blankets that I made for all of my friends.  I made up the pattern.  Really there is no pattern.  It is a single crochet row of color.  The tails at each end make fringe.  I put the colors together however I felt like it.

There is no more than four rows of the same color at any given time.  Typically I put two rows together.  It fits perfectly in Corrine's crib.  That is why I decided it was done.   There is a lot of baby yarn left over so I'm certain that a new charity project will be on the hook or needles soon.  I am donating this to the Linus Project.

Actually one of authors I love to read, Debbie Macomber, has a charity project that she collects knit and crochet projects for.  It's called Knit 1, Bless 2.  She collects completed projects that her readers send to her and she donates them to three different charities and the Linus Project is one.  I signed up to donate several projects last year since I had so much yarn and was at home for the first three months of the year.  But having a new baby and trying to knit did not go so well together.  That is why I'm excited to be able to send her two blankets this year. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love it! What a simple idea that turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Even though it took a while to create, I had fun creating it!

      Delete
  2. An awesome example of a scrap project done right! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love it! I particularly love scrap projects, they always have a special sort of charm to them. This one is lovely and perfect for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome! And I bet that finished feeling feels even awesomer if awesomer was a real word!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...