The Weekend

6:00 AM

Yay for the four day weekend.  Bryan works 12 hour days.  Three days one week and four days the following week.  So we actually have a four day weekend every other week.  We try to actually have the "weekend" together as a family so we can play, but sometimes it is just easier for me to work on his days off to save on day care.  Not so on this weekend.  We played.  We-

  • went to the mountains and hiked for two days... (and left before the snow came in on FR!).
  • made apple pie
  • raked leaf piles and played in said piles
  • threw leaves for Buffett to chase and laughed till we cried
  • took Henley in for his quarterly blood donation
  • swapped homemade goodness at the October food swap
  • knit and crocheted the evenings away
  • happy hour on Friday with good friends 


Have a great week!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I did a 40 minute hike in the forest this weekend. It almost felt like two days ;) Love your daughter's little pony in her hair!! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to get a four day weekend every other weekend! Your weekend sounded full of fun and play...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wee one is just adorable Jen!
    If your dogs ever want a vacation south just send them on! My dogs are worthless when it comes to squirrels and I am loosing the pecan battle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a full weekend of memories to me : )

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...