Yarn Along

6:00 AM

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for the Yarn Along.  I'm joining with Ginny and everyone to share what I've been knitting and reading.  I should be much farther along in my Sweet Memories Cowl but after knitting rows 15-20 I realized that these rows didn't look anything like rows 5-10.  I'm not sure what I did wrong on rows 5-10, it had something to do with the YO, but I couldn't recreate it, so I ripped it back to row 4 and started again.  Ugh.  I hate that.  But I have time.  I won't see my friend until the beginning of December.  That should give me plenty of time.

I've also been working on my Summit shawl for my sister in law.  It's just a slow and steady project.  Since I have to mail it to Japan I need to get busy so I can avoid the Fed Ex charges this year.  (I'm notorious for last minute gifting, but international makes it that much more difficult).
I found a vest pattern that I'd love to make for Corrine.  However, the directions are in Norwegian.  Not to worry, I have a friend and co-worker who happens to be from Norway.  No problem right?  I sent her the Ravelry link and she laughed and said the directions were in Danish.  Dang it.  So I found another vest.  I'm resisting casting on just yet.  I've got to finish the Summit first.  

On the book front, I'm reading the new Nora Roberts book, The Perfect Hope.  I also have the newest Margaret Coel book, Buffalo Bill's Dead Now.  Both are library books, but I won't be able to renew the NR books, so I'm putting off the Coel book for now.  So many books, so little time.

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions on what to knit for a friends baby.  The couple is planning on finding out the sex at the 20 week ultra sound.  I'm going to decide what to make when i know what color yarn to buy.  That should give me approximately 20 weeks to finish the project.  And since it is another pilot/flight attendant couple, next fall I'll make an Aviatrix.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. love the summit shawl and the color it's stunning! I hope you get it done in time. I am trying to get my international package off before december 1st so far it's a doable goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting shawl pattern! I hope you get in done in time, too. I would hate for you to have to pay high postage fees to get it to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you pain with having to rip back, I do that a lot.
    Your Shawl really looks amazing and I am trying to resist digging through my stash and casting one on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so frustrating to have to frog your work and start again, isn't it?
    Your colour choices are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh - that ripping back will kill ya! But you feel better when it looks right. I'm notorious for those last minute gifts myself. They usually turn out to be my best ideas, so I just keep going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japan, Norway - you are so international! :) I bet you'll know someone from Denmark before long! I hate having to frog like that, but it's always worth it, yah? Everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some high-stakes knitting going on, you are determined and experienced though, you will finish them with time to spare, I just know it! Shame about the vest pattern, I wonder if you could have run it through the Google Translator?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh! Ripping back...Makes me cringe every time. How difficult is the Summit? I've been drooling over that one...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not difficult at all once you get the pattern going. I just find it tedious and time consuming. There are always stitches on both needles and that bothers me because I'm afraid that I'll drop a stitch where I shouldn't and then I won't be able to fix it.

      Delete
  9. Oh no about the ripping back. I suspect you may have missed a YO on one of the rows, as this will change the pattern completely (I know from experience :)) Hope this time you can get through it without any more ripping. I love the shawl pattern you are knitting. I am a last minute gifter too. I always have good intentions of getting a gift finished ahead of time, but rarely happens. Although I suspect I work best under pressure. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...