Yarn Along

5:30 AM

It's Wednesday and that means it's time once again for the weekly Yarn Along.  I'm joining with Ginny and the others to share books and knitting.  Two of my favorite things.  I've been doing more knitting this week than reading.  In fact, since I finished my book last week, I've yet to start a new one.  What? How can that be?  I was listening to Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell in the car, but I've even finished that one.  

Knitting has been busy this week.  I've worked on The Summit- the pink shawlette for my sister in law.   This past weekend was beautiful here in Colorado and I was able to sit on the patio and knit on my Log Cabin blanket.  It's getting big enough where it will cover my lap so it kept me warm in the breeze.  I've been listening to the Craft Lit podcast of Jane Eyre while sitting outside.  I'm not sure why I've never read Jane Eyre before, I'm loving listening to it.

I also started a new project (because the ones I have going aren't enough?).   I cast on a Benedick and Beatrice Vest for Corrine.  She picked the colors.  I held up two different skeins of yarn- the purple and pink variegated in the picture and a pinky color- and she pointed to the purple/pink yarn, so that was the one I bought.  I wanted something easy, small and portable to take to the basketball tournament I went to last Friday and Saturday nights.  The Summit is small enough still to make it portable, but I think it requires a little more concentration than the simple stockinette stitch of the vest.  I'm not sure if I'll finish in time for Christmas.  Her birthday is in January, but I'm not even thinking of making it a birthday present.  I'll just knit it and put it in her closet.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hooray for new books and new projects on the needles.
    I know people talk about knitting by the fire, but there really is something so nice about sitting outside and feeling the sun on your face as you knit, pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is going to look adorable in those colors and how fun that she chose them! Now if only you could knit 24 hours a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see my comment about "toddler pink" on my blog is true for you as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more fun projects the better I say! I'm sorry, I'm such an enabler. It looks like you have some nice yarns picked out there. I'm also so excited to hear that the log cabin blanket is getting so big! It will be so awesome when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She picked out such beautiful colors! I see pink is a hit at your house too!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...