2012 Stash Busting Challenge Update

5:00 AM

A couple of weeks ago I went through my stash because I was looking for a new yarn color for the Log Cabin Blanket.  I realized that I should have gone through my stash at the beginning back in January when I signed up for this challenge.  I kind of did.  I organized the yarn by color and put it back in the tub.

Fast forward almost a year and it is clear to me that I put a small dent in the stash.  But if you were to look at my stash on Ravelry you would not get the same picture.   The big problem here, is that I did not put my stash on Ravelry back in January.  I did it about 3 weeks ago.  It was a cold, snowy day and Corrine and I hung out in the basement.  She played and I puttered about with my stash and my computer.  It's kind of nice to have the yarn organized.  There are 36 yarns in my stash and it shows I've used 3.

I made the Radiating Star Blanket and that used 6 skeins of yarns.  I made two Miranda hats and that used a skein each (both were partials anyway).  I crocheted the crib blanket using all scrap baby yarn.  I should be able to make another baby blanket with all the yarn left over.  I'm working on the log cabin blanket and that is using more yarn as it gets bigger.  And I should be able to finish it without using any color twice.  There are some that are close in color, but not the exact same.  I've probably used ten skeins of yarn in my challenge.

I didn't buy any yarn until the end of my challenge.  And that is mostly because I wanted nicer yarn to make some presents and make the vest for Corrine.  I will continue to use the stash yarn to make blankets for Project Linus.  But I'm excited to move on to other projects and use yarn that I buy specifically for those projects!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Stash busting seems to be on my resolutions list every year but for some inexplicable reason it just keeps growing and growing. Though I've been getting better at only buying yarn for specific projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've taken some big leaps on your stash! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...