Our First Eggs!!!!!!

6:00 AM

Two nights ago I went out to make sure the chickies were in for the night (and that Gracie was not on top of the fence).  I had to walk to the back side of the bush in the dog run to move them out from under the bush.  Lo and behold, there was a tiny little egg.  I'm fairly certain that it was Carly who laid the eggs.  She had the funny little squat going on.  Then I remembered seeing her on the the side of our little garden shed (which is about 6 inches from the fence).  Sure enough there was another egg.  It was a tight squeeze to gather that one!  

I knew they were small eggs, but when I compared it to the store bought egg, it was amazing to see how small they really are.

I have since put more pine shavings in their nesting boxes and made a little "nest" with little Easter egg decorations (that's all I had) in the hopes they will start laying in the box like good little chickies!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Congrats on the eggs! They're beautiful. Ok that sounded weired to say when I read it out loud...but they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's always so exciting to find your first eggs :) Sounds like you made their boxes a little more cozy so hopefully they'll understand that's where they lay their eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww look at those gorgeous wee free range eggs! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...