Banana Chips

7:00 AM

Bananas were on clearance at the market the other day.  I bought five bunches of bananas.  Why, you ask?  Nope.  Not for banana bread.  These overripe beauties were meant for dehydrated bananas! 
Banana chips are super easy.  They key is to slice the banana consistently (which I have a hard time doing).  I slice them about about an 1/8" thick.  Then give them a quick dip in a half lemon juice half water mixture (to keep them from browning) then lay them on the dehydrator tray.  I put the tray on a cookie sheet to catch the lemon juice drips.
Check your dehydrator guide for times.  I set ours for 15 hours with the vent closed and then check them for desired doneness.  I don't like them crunchy.  I like them with a little chew.  This batch was in the dehydrator for 18 hours.  The basement smells of bananas!  Mmmmm.
After the bananas have cooked to your desired doneness, pop them off the tray and munch away.  I pulled these out and have not been able to stop eating these sweet little things!

We were gifted a dehydrator from my in-laws.  They had an old one sitting in their garage they didn't use and we were the lucky recipients.  

Shared with: Independence Days Challenge

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Awesome, I must try this. I am a huge dehydrator fan and could chat about it all day long on my other blog. If you would like some recipes I share them there also. You can find my homesteading blog HERE
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Jen! And so fun to see your post on the Independence Days Challenge this week! Hope to see you back :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I really want a dehydrator. I love banana chips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back memories of my grandma. She dried bananas all year long, and we always snacked on them at her house. I need to dry some myself, soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...