Yarn Along

6:00 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly yarn along.  I'm joining with Ginny and everyone to share our yarn projects and the books we have been reading.  Still not done with the sweater for Corrine.  Although I only have five rows on the collar to knit then I can block it.  I perused Etsy for some cute girly buttons, but was very quickly overwhelmed.  I went down to the yarn shop that is super close to my house because they have the best selection of buttons.  Too bad they have a horrible reputation among yarn enthusiasts in Denver.  

A couple of moms in Corrine's preschool are knitters and we have been getting together for crafting on Tuesday.  It works out well because the kiddos are all the same age and with the exception of two littles, they are in the same class.  My plan is to continue to work on the Dr. Who scarf at our "Crafting with Kids" days.  It is mindless garter stitch with a gazillion color changes.  I had the first section of purple done when I decided I didn't like the gauge of it so started over on bigger  needles.  I'm much happier with it now.  I think it is going to take me forever to knit a 12 foot scarf!
A friend loaned me Dead Lucky by Lincoln Hall.  It's the true story of Hall's being left for dead near the summit of Everest in 2006.  His teammates thought he was dead and left him.  He spent a night in the elements and "came to" the next day.  I'm not very far into the book.  His expedition has just reached base camp on the Tibetan side of Everest.  While I love to hike and have summitted many of the non technical 14er's (a 14,000 foot peak in Colorado), I am definitely an armchair enthusiast of the very technical and dangerous Mt. Everest summit attempts.  I'll adventure vicariously through others.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. scarves are a nice knit to have when with others. I find I can make less mistakes while socializing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the best books Jen, that one just went on my list.
    I think it must be nice to have a group of knitter's to knit with so have fun.
    And I hope you find just the right buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crafting with the moms on Tuesdays sounds like a lot of fun! And that book sounds really interesting. I don't have any ambitions to climb Everest, but I like hearing about others' experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't imagine what he must have gone through.....yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A garter stitch scarf is perfect for knitting in a group ... it will go super fast while y'all chat.

    Enjoy!
    Mary G.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...