A Color Quandary

8:25 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly yarn along.  Only this week I'm not sharing books or yarn.  I have been working on the same projects a little bit at a time and really have nothing to show for my progress since last week.

However, the crafting group that I meet with on Tuesdays, has decided to do a KAL.  We are going to knit the Stitch Block Cowl.  One of the mamas already picked out her yarn from her stash of gorgeous yarns.  She's using some browns as the main color and then a green and a yellow.  It looks great together.  We've decided we aren't starting just yet as we want to finish some of our current projects first.

But in April we are going to The Interweave yarn gig in Loveland, CO.  It will be our practice run for Rhinebeck!  (more on that as we make our plans!).  I don't just buy yarn to have it.  I never know what to make with it or how much I will need so I only buy yarn when I have a project in mine.  I thought our trip to Interweave will be perfect to purchase yarn for the color block cowl.  I am at a loss for colors.  I like them all so much!  So I am open to suggestions.  That way I will have some ideas floating in my mind when I am petting all that gorgeous yarn in April.

I checked out a whole bunch of paleo cook books from the library.  I keep hearing good things about paleo so I wanted to look at recipes to see what we would like.  Quite frankly I think we eat pretty healthy especially in the summer.  I'm not sure about giving up grains, dairy and gluten, although there were some recipes in Make Ahead Paleo that I thought I would copy and give them a go.


Happy Yarn Along Wednesday.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I have heard good things about Paleo too but have never tried it. You are going to Rhinebeck??? Do let me know - I would love to meet up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Ginny's blog today. :) You are in Colorado! My family and I moved to Steamboat Springs from Texas almost two years ago, and we love it. I have been reading about Paleo the last couple of months, as well. I've quit dairy, but the grains...that's a hard one! Best of luck with the new recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for stopping by my Random Thoughts. A very good friend of ours lives in Steamboat, but sadly we don't make it there as much as we would like. We ski mostly at Winter Park.

      Delete
  3. It was going to be a Rhinebeck year for me, too......but my partner-in-yarn-crime decided to go to Italy. We must put it off another year. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister does some paleo, I have an intense love affair with grains so I think I'll just watch you :) All those vegetables are healthy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done a paleo challenge for a month. It was fun and easy and introduced new recipes into my repertoire. I've actually been contemplating doing it again, it was that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done a paleo challenge for a month. It was fun and easy and introduced new recipes into my repertoire. I've actually been contemplating doing it again, it was that fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...