Random Thoughts on Thursday

6:00 AM

* The top news story here in Denver is the weather.   It has rained 19 out of the last 21 days.  It has also been tradition that the road to the top of Mount Evan (the highest paved road in the US) be open by Memorial Day weekend.  Not this year.  There is still over four feet of snow up there!  And it snowed again on Tuesday.  Luckily there hasn't been any flooding yet, but it also hasn't started melting yet either.  The high yesterday was 45 degrees.  The garden has not been fully planted yet.  The roses are not pruned.  The grass is about six inches tall but it's too wet to mow.  For a state that sees the sun over 300 days a year we are all a little grumpy.

* Tuesday night was Miss C's dance recital.  The recital theme was Leap's Circus (her school is called Leap).  The dance her class did was the "Elephants on Parade."  It was super cute and they all did such a great job.


Happy Thursday my friends!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow, we have had heaps of rain here as well. Our paddocks are underwater!
    Doesn't she look adorable?! I love the littlies at our ballet concert - doesn't matter what they do, they just look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Miss C looks so pretty in her elephant tutu! I love watching the wee one's dance. My Erin took dance all the way into college, she loved it.
    Just keep rubbing your cold, snow weather in my face as I melt here in the south ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...that costume is adorable!!!!! And her super-cute glasses match!!!!!!!!!! Precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is one adorable young lady!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...