A 4th of July Weekend

1:40 PM

This has been the week of travel for us.  It started out last Sunday as we travelled to the San Juan Islands north of Seattle (more on that tomorrow).  We flew home on Thursday.  Unpacked, did laundry, loved on the animals, repacked and left early Friday morning to drive to Omaha for a Fey family reunion.  






Fireworks are legal in Nebraska.  So much so that people pay hundreds of dollars to have their own fireworks display.  Fireworks are not legal in Colorado and one must attend a stadium or city sponsored fireworks display in order to see the shows that we watched in Nebraska from the porch.  It was all very much a shock to my system to witness the amounts of fireworks being blown up across the street.  Don't get me wrong, it was a spectacular display, just not something I'm used to watching from my front porch!  And fireworks were being blown up at all times of the day!
 We also went to the Omaha Zoo.  They had two new sea lion pups that were not even a month old yet!

It was a fast and fun filled weekend.  We ate a lot of great food.  We laughed.  We cried.  We remembered other reunions and toasted those who are no longer with us.  It's always great to see family since we are all spread out (mostly in the  midwest though) and everyone is so busy with work and family life.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love hearing about your travels and the last photo is just beautiful.
    Fireworks are legal here too, but my goodness they are expensive.
    Happy week to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...