Knitting This Week

6:00 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly yarn along.  I'm joining with Ginny and everyone to share books and yarn.  I have worked on several projects in the past couple of weeks.  I have worked on my Stitch Block Cowl, Hitofude, and the little girl Woobie.  Plus I made a washcloth as part of a baby gift.  We took a short little road trip to go on a hut trip and I needed car knitting.  I started (and finished) a very easy washcloth.  I decided that for the baby present due early October, I was going to make a washcloth set and pair it with some bath goodies.



I am currently reading Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy.  I love the way Binchy creates a story.  I feel as if I know all of the characters and they are good friends.  I think this is the last book of hers that I haven't read yet.  I'm a little sad that there will be no more books (she passed away in July 2012). 

Outside the town of Rossmore in Whitethorn Woods there is a well that people pray to for various reasons.  There is talk of a road bypass that will go through the woods.  Half the town wants the bypass and the other half doesn't.  That is the premise of the book, but then each chapter is written about different characters that make up the town.  

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love the basket weave pattern! I use it regularly on scarves and washcloths :-) I haven't ever read anything by Maeve Binchy, so I think I will search for something at the library, since you love her writing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think giving baby washcloths as gifts is one of the best ideas and so appreciated , plus they are perfect for car knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the washcloths. I love Binchy too, and have so many to catch up with, this one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really sad when she died too. I have read nearly all of her books! your knitting is happening and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...