Random Thoughts on Thursday

6:30 AM

* Raking the leaves in the front yard quick before it snows.  And of course we have the obligatory leaf pile for jumping.  Quite fun if I do say so myself! 


* Open enrollment for school begins in January.  Our neighborhood elementary school is the lowest performing elementary school in our district.  Miss C will NOT go to school there.  We have toured two schools so far and we are touring another one today.  Luckily there are some excellent schools within a couple of miles of our house.

* In some magazine I was reading at work, I read a little blurb about the Serial Podcast.  It sounded very interesting so I downloaded the first episode and listened to it yesterday.  It's a true story of a high school senior who is missing and then found murdered.  Her ex-boyfriend is arrested, tried and convicted.  He maintains his innocence and there are some that believe him.  The host of the show, Sarah Koenig, starts researching to get some answers.

Happy Thursday Friends!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I have yet to listen to that podcast but I've heard excellent things about it. I guess I'm afraid it will be too gritty for me. Love that you are checking out schools!! She is getting older :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that leaf pile and how your sweetie is having fun in it! Reminds me of when I was a girl... Best wishes in finding the right school for your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping in leaf piles is so much fun! I'm glad you have some options for school for her. I got hooked on the Serial podcast. I was bummed when I got to the last episode! I may go back and listen to it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...